Primate Center Services
Colony Management Unit
Colony Management and Animal Services share responsibilities with Veterinary Services for animal husbandry, colony records, quality assurance, animal assignments, and procurement and transportation of animals. They also share responsibility for regulatory compliance with respect to animal use and facility operations, AAALAC-I and protocol compliance. Currently, this unit consists of one colony manager, three supervisors, and 26 animal care staff. Animal care staff perform daily husbandry activities and provide environmental enrichment for the approximately 1200 primates composed of rhesus and cynomolgus macaques, and common marmosets.
- Phone: 608-890-1142
- primate husbandry
- primate environmental enrichment
- basic sample collection such as blood, urine, feces, etc.
- primate restraint
- colony records entries
|Bonnie Friscino||Colony Manager||(608) 890-1142|
|Steve Cleary||Supervisor||(608) 265-4268|
|Tracy Leinbach||Supervisor||(608) 890-2675|
|Marilina Vazquez||Supervisor||(608) 890-2425|
|Dave Wade||Supervisor||(608) 265-0333|
|Les Sander||Colony Records||(608) 265-9157|
|Marta Aguero Koch||Colony Records||(608) 263-3540|
|Lisa Tomczak||Colony Records||(608) 263-3540|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I gain information about availability of animal resources at the Primate Center?
For questions related to animal resource availability, please contact Bonnie Friscino.
- How do I request animals for use in a research project?
For questions related to animal assignments, please contact Bonnie Friscino.
- Who do I contact to request technical research support from Animal Services?
Requests for research support can be made through Bonnie Friscino.
- Who do I contact for questions related to occupational, chemical or biological safety in Animal Services?
Please direct these questions to Bonnie Friscino.
Entry created: 2003-09-25
Entry last reviewed: 2013-11-26