Veterinary Services activities are primarily divided into 2 areas of emphasis: Clinical Care and Protocol Implementation. Veterinary Services provides the medical and technical coverage to meet the ever-expanding needs of the animals and researchers at the Primate Center. This service is headed by Saverio (Buddy) Capuano lll, DVM, DACLAM, Associate Director for Animal Services/Attending Veterinarian, pictured here second from the left with some of the veterinary services and care staff.
- Phone: 608-263-3571
- Send email to Dr. Capuano
- Clinical Care
- Personnel Training
- Protocol Development
- Radiographic Imaging
- Ultrasonic imaging
- Surgical Support
- Endoscopy and Laparoscopy
- Biannual Colony Physical Exams
- Outreach Technical Training
- Research Support
|Saverio “Buddy” Capuano, DVM, DACLAM||Attending Veterinarian||(608) 263-3571||Send email to Dr. Capuano|
|Kevin Brunner, DVM||Research Animal Veterinarian||(608) 265-9069||Send email to Dr. Brunner|
|Jenny Coonen, DVM, DACLAM||Assoc. Research Animal Veterinarian||(608) 890-2978||Send email to Dr. Coonen|
|Casey Fitz, DVM||Asst. Research Animal Veterinarian||(608) 209-7590||Send email to Dr. Fitz|
|Michele Harke, DVM||Research Animal Veterinarian||(608) 265-3240||Send email to Dr. Harke|
|Shreya Patel Larson, DVM||Assoc. Research Animal Veterinarian||(608) 209-2190||Send email to Dr. Larson|
|Denny Mohr||Senior Surgical O.R Tech/ Emeritus||(608) 263-3558||Send email to Denny Mohr|
|Stacey Maves, CVT, LATG||Veterinary Technician 2||(608) 263-3529||Send email to Stacey Maves|
|Joelle Rose||Veterinary Technician 2||Send email to Joelle Rose|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does one become a Veterinarian? Please visit the AVMA website below and it will give you all the information that you need.
- How do you become a Veterinary Technician? Go to the website below of NAVTA and it will give you the requirements and schools and locations in the US.
- What is the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science? It is a group that serves as the principal means of communication between the individuals and organizations of laboratory animal science
- Do you have to have special schooling to work with Primates? AALAS, ACLAM and RARC provide training and schooling for research training.
- Has Animal Research been around for very long? It is one of the oldest specialties in Veterinary Medicine.
- Research Animal Resource Center
- American Association for Laboratory Animal Science
- American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America
- Wisconsin Veterinary Technician Association