NEW! Go behind the scenes at the WNPRC and other research facilities and Come See Our World!
Visits to the WNPRC
Public outreach activities at the Wisconsin National Primate Research Center include hosting school visits, providing guest speakers and participating in state and national science outreach festivals.
The Wisconsin National Primate Research Center welcomes visitors to its Marmoset Learning Lobby 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Please contact UW-Madison Campus and Visitor Relations to schedule your visit to the Primate Center and other UW-Madison venues.
To learn more about our research and animal care, you may also email Jordana Lenon or call 608-263-7024.
Our lobby entrance is located in the middle of Capitol Court, three blocks south of the Discovery Building and Union South, both on Orchard St., and one block south of the Geology Museum on Charter St.
Thanks to an increasing group of dedicated scientists, staff members and students, our outreach activities have reached more than 40,000 individuals from Wisconsin and beyond in the past five years. Thank you to our many diverse audiences –we appreciate your interest!
- Are we smarter than monkeys? Primate research at a glance: UW-Madison journalism student’s Fall 2012 video project.
- Common Marmosets at the WNPRC: Learn about the members of a common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus) family and watch how they rear their infants. (No sound, captioned.)
- In Depth at Ten – Monkeys and Medicine: Views on research, ethics and animal careChannel3000.com news series in 2010 about WNPRC research and animal care.
- WNPRC Animal Care, Housing and Enrichment: Background video for the public and the news media. (No sound, with some captions.)
- Growing stem cells in the lab: Stem cell culture techniques in a UW-Madison lab (general audience).
For the latest advances in clinical trials and therapies, please talk to your doctor.
You can also contact a patient advocacy group or visit any of the following websites for more information on clinical research before talking to your doctor:
- UW Health Research: Information on ongoing clinical trials at UW-Madison.
- CenterWatch: Thousands of industry-sponsored clinical trials are actively recruiting patients. You can search for clinical trials by medical condition, therapeutic area and location.
- ClinicalTrials.gov: a service of the U.S. National Institutes of Health.
How to search clinicaltrials.gov:
Step 1: Enter a search term in the main search field, such as the name of a disease, disorder or injury (e.g., Parkinson’s, heart disease, diabetes, HIV, osteoarthritis, lymphoma, spinal cord injury)
Step 2: Click the box “Include only open studies” if you would like to see trials that are accepting volunteers,
Step 3: Click the blue “On a Map” tab above and to the right of the open studies tab.
Step 4: Click United States on the map (or country of your choice).
Step 5: Click Wisconsin on the map. (Or state of your choice).